2023 OFFICIAL COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS
Download Requirements as pdf
2023 NAMIC VISION AWARDS
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Entry Deadline: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 by 11:59 PM EST
FEE: $375 Per Entry
Founded in 1994, the 2023 NAMIC Vision Awards will again salute and recognize original content shown on television and/or digital platforms that is reflective of the depth and breadth of the lives, spirit, and contributions of people of color.
Qualifying programs will be recognized in the following 18 categories:
- Awards & Honors
- Foreign Language
- Original Movie or Special
- Reality – Social Issues
- Variety/Talk Show
- Best Performance – Comedy
- Best Performance – Drama
- Digital Media – Short Form (29 minutes or less, may include interstitial programming)
- Digital Media – Long Form (30 minutes to one hour)
Entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of media and entertainment industry executives based on the following:
- Overall imagery (creativity, originality, presentation)
- Sensitivity (the consideration given to social or cultural nuances)
- Writing (the depiction of issues relevant to people of color)
- Acting (the actor has delivered an outstanding performance)
Those eligible to submit entries include:
- Broadcast Networks (National, Network-Owned and Operated, Affiliates)
- Cable Networks (National and Regional)
- Cable Operators (for local origination programming)
- Syndicators (First-Run Original Programs)
- VOD content produced by cable and/or broadcast companies for digital platforms — web or mobile
- Any production company, distributor, or syndicator (content must have aired/streamed on an eligible platform)
Programs must be original and have aired between November 1, 2021 and November 30, 2022.
Completed entry submissions and payments are due by Tuesday, January 31, 2023 by 11:59 PM EST.
The following requirements must be addressed for each program entered:
- Access. You can provide access credentials/information to access the entry online via your streaming service or you can upload your entry/entries in the following video file formats: .m4v, .mp4, .wmv, or .mov.
- Entry fee payment. Submissions that do not include payment will not be considered for judging.
- Fully completed online entry form. Be sure to list the entry exactly as you wish it to appear in promotional materials.
- Program description and running time (150-word limit).
- Network approved credit sheet/cast list.
- English language transcript for foreign language programs. English subtitles are also acceptable.
- Submission contact, company programming contact, and company publicity contact.
Incomplete or late entries will not be judged. You will be notified if your entry is disqualified for any reason. Entry fees are not refundable.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE ENTRIES
Foreign language programs may be entered in any category as long as English subtitles are included.
The cost per entry is $375, which is payable by credit card or electronic payment via ACH. Submissions that do not include payment will not be considered for judging.
For ACH payment, address questions and requests for banking instructions to Amy Kemp, Programs Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAMIC VISION AWARDS TIMELINE
- Tuesday, January 31, 2023 by 11:59 PM EST - Entry Deadline
- April 2023 - Nominatons Announcement
- May 2023 - Winners Announcement
NOMINEE AND WINNER INFORMATION
If, after judging, your entry is a nominee and/or winner, NAMIC will notify the contact on the official entry form by email in advance of the public announcement.