2021 OFFICIAL COMPETITION RULES
Download Rules as pdf
2021 NAMIC VISION AWARDS
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Entry Deadline: Friday, December 11, 2020 by 11:59 PM EST
FEE: $350 Per Entry
Founded in 1994, the 2021 NAMIC Vision Awards will again salute and recognize original content shown on television and/or digital platforms that is reflective of the depth and breadth of the lives, spirit and contributions of people of color.
Qualifying programs will be recognized in the following 18 categories:
- Awards & Honors
- Foreign Language
- Original Movie or Special
- Reality – Social Issues
- Variety/Talk Show
- Best Performance – Comedy
- Best Performance – Drama
- Digital Media – Short Form (29 minutes or less)
- Digital Media – Long Form (30 minutes to one hour)
Entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of media and entertainment industry executives based on:
- Overall imagery (creativity, originality, presentation)
- Sensitivity (the consideration given to social or cultural nuances)
- Writing (the depiction of issues relevant to people of color)
- Acting (the actor has delivered an outstanding performance)
Those eligible to submit entries are:
- Broadcast Networks (National, Network-Owned and Operated, Affiliates)
- Cable Networks (National and Regional)
- Cable Operators (for local origination programming)
- Syndicators (First-Run Original Programs)
- VOD content produced by cable and/or broadcast companies for digital platforms — web or mobile – is also eligible for submission.
Programs must be original and have aired between Friday, November 1, 2019 and Monday, November 30, 2020.
Completed entry submissions and payments are due by Friday, December 11, 2020 by 11:59 PM EST.
The following must be submitted with each program entered to be considered:
- You can provide access credentials/information to access the entry online via your streaming service or you can upload your entry/entries in the following video file formats: (.m4v, .mp4, .wmv, and .mov).
- Entry fee payment. Submissions that do not include payment will not be considered for judging
- A fully completed online entry form (be sure to list the entry exactly as you wish it to appear in promotional materials)
- Program Description and running time (150 word limit)
- Network approved credit sheet/cast list
- English language transcript for foreign language programs or English subtitles
- Your online registation should include Entry submission contact, Company programming contact, Company publicity contact
Incomplete or late entries will not be judged. You will be notified if your entry is disqualified for any reason. Entry fees are not refundable.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE ENTRIES
Foreign language programs may be entered in any category as long as an English language transcript is provided. English subtitles are also acceptable.
The cost per entry is $350 which is payable by credit card or electronic payment via ACH. Submissions that do not include payment will not be considered for judging.
For questions and banking instructions to submit payment via ACH, contact Sandra Girado, Vice President of Events and Partner Relations at (212) 594-5985 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONTACTS FOR PRESS INQUIRIES
Lisa Fels Davitt
Karen Addis, APR
NAMIC VISION AWARDS TIMELINE
- Friday, December 11, 2020 by 11:59 PM EST - Entry Deadline
- March 2021 - Nominatons Announcement
- April 2021 - Winners Announcement
NOMINEE AND WINNER INFORMATION
If, after judging, your entry is a nominee and/or winner NAMIC will notify the contact on the official entry form by email in advance of the public announcement.